An accidentally knocked-over vial of brilliant green can be a real disaster. Bright emerald spots instantly appear on any surface. It is not easy to remove them, especially when they are absorbed and dried. We have prepared a selection of the most effective ways, how and with what to wash brilliant green from leather, furniture, clothes, floor coverings. It will help in any case without a trace to get rid of green stains.
The video listed the means that will help clean stains from brilliant green
How to get rid of green spots
Why are they hard to clean?
What to do if a mark appears
The best cleaners
Features of cleaning different surfaces
— Upholstered and cabinet furniture
— Clothing and textiles
— Hands and body
— Laminate and linoleum
What not to do when cleaning
Why Brilliant Greens Are Difficult to Clean Clean
Brilliant green, a well-known antiseptic, was created as a permanent dye. This is an aniline-based composition that is designed to effectively dye fabrics in a persistent green color. Its antiseptic properties were studied later, after which it took its place on the pharmacy shelves.
Everyone who has used this antiseptic at least once knows well that after using it, stains almost always remain on the fingers. And if you’re not lucky, then on clothes, furniture, floor. Removing them is quite problematic, but possible.
It is best to prevent the drug from spilling uncontrollably. Therefore, store it in tightly closed vials, open them with caution. Relatively recently, markers with an antiseptic appeared. They are much more convenient to use.
What to do if a stain appears
There are many effective ways to bring out brilliant green. But in any case, it is easiest to do this while the pollution is fresh. The antiseptic quickly penetrates the structure of the material, stains it and fixes it. To prevent this, you need to react very quickly. If the drug is on a surface not intended for this, it must be removed immediately. And you need to do this so that the stain does not increase.
To do this, take a soft napkin, paper towel or something similar and blot the liquid. It is impossible to rub, otherwise the composition will begin to be more actively absorbed into the base. Instead of cloth and paper, you can take any hygroscopic powder: starch, chalk, soda. They are poured over the puddle, wait until it is absorbed, then gently swept away. A trace may remain on the surface, but it will not be difficult to remove it. The technique is chosen based on the characteristics of the soiled material. We’ll show you how to do it right.
The best means to wash greenery
We have compiled a list of drugs that are easiest to wash brilliant green. Let’s briefly characterize them.
The easiest way than to display brilliant green. Especially good for fresh marks and smooth surfaces. Usually it is enough to rub them with a sponge lathered with laundry soap to get the desired result.
Vinegar plus soda
A slurry of soda and vinegar taken in equal amounts is applied to the contamination. The mixture is rubbed, left for a while. After that, the remains of the slurry are removed and the treated fragment is washed.
It effectively dissolves the green antiseptic. To remove marks on any surface, alcohol or any alcohol-containing liquids will do, provided that they are colorless. Colored compounds can additionally color the soiled area.
An organic solvent that removes brilliant green marks without a trace. Use with caution as it may damage the base.
An antiseptic and a well-known bleach also dissolves brilliant green. The liquid is applied to the mark and left for a while. After that, wash off. An important point.
Purchased stain removers
The industry produces special preparations for hard-to-remove contaminants. When choosing the right preparation, you need to make sure that it is designed to remove traces of brilliant green. Let’s list several such compositions: «Antigraffiti» from GRASS, «Pen» and «Office and Hobby» from Dr. Beckmann, «Antipyatin», others. Use all means strictly according to the instructions.
From a hard coating, the mark will be wiped off with an ordinary eraser. The method works best on lacquered and smooth surfaces. For fleecy, soft and porous surfaces, the technique is useless.
How and with what to wash different surfaces
The cleaning technology and the choice of product depend on the material to be cleaned. Let’s take a closer look at the most common options.
The difficulty in cleaning upholstered furniture lies in the need to remove stains from textiles, and then dry the material well. Otherwise, mold and an unpleasant musty odor may appear. Stain removers are used to remove marks from fabric. You can also try folk remedies. For light upholstery, peroxide, acetone, or a mixture of vinegar and soda is suitable.
Dark fabrics are cleaned with a mixture of lemon juice and vodka in equal proportions, laundry soap is used. The stain is moistened with the selected preparation, left for a while, after which it is gently rubbed towards the center of the mark. Wash off the remnants of the product and dry the furniture.
Cabinet furniture is treated differently. Natural wood absorbs liquid very quickly and stains. If this happens, the spot can only be slightly discolored. To do this, knead a gruel of washing powder and water, rub it into the damaged area. Wash off after a while. The stain can be completely removed only by sanding and then varnishing. It is much easier to remove brilliant green from plastic. You can use an eraser, laundry soap, thinner, or chlorine bleach.
How to remove green from clothes
The fabric quickly absorbs the brilliant green, and after drying, it is very difficult to remove the marks. Therefore, you need to act quickly. There are several processing options.
- Salicylic acid. It is applied to a speck, left for a while, after which the remaining trace is washed off.
- Table vinegar. It is best to take a 9% solution of acetic acid. It is applied to the mark, left for 10-15 minutes. Then generously lubricate the problem area with soapy foam. Leave for another 10 minutes. The clothes treated in this way are washed with laundry soap.
- Acetone or peroxide. The soiled fragment is abundantly moistened with undiluted preparation. Leave for a while, then rub the dissolved brilliant green with a cotton pad. Wash the cleaned item.
Delicate fabrics are very difficult to wash from brilliant green. They must be carefully washed in a solution of laundry soap, it is better to take a bar of 72% fat.
How and how to wash the brilliant green from your hands
Green spots on the body and on the hands are gradually washed off without any impact, after five to seven days they completely disappear. But if you can’t wait that long, they try effective, but non-aggressive means. We list how to wipe the brilliant green from the skin.
- Baby cream. The oily substance is rubbed into the soiled area. After some time, the antiseptic will dissolve, the greenish cream is collected with a napkin. The procedure is repeated until complete cleansing.
- Soap. Any cosmetic soap is suitable, for sensitive skin it is better to take a baby soap. Pollution is soaped, rubbed and washed off.
- Scrub. You can take any scrubbing drug. They rub the soiled fragment, wash off with clean water.
- Alcohol or an alcohol-containing agent, wet wipes with an alcohol solution are also suitable. Zelenka dissolves and is easily rubbed off the skin.
- Vegetable oil. Fat easily dissolves the green pigment. Any oil is applied to the soiled hands or body, allowed to dissolve the contamination and carefully removed.
- Paste of fine salt and shaving foam. The components are mixed in equal amounts. The resulting mastic wipe off the pollution, the remnants of the product are washed off with water.
If the green liquid gets on the face, use only non-aggressive preparations: a mild scrub, soap or oily cream, makeup remover or cosmetic wet wipes.
Laminate or linoleum
Unfortunately, the antiseptic is quite often spilled on the flooring. If it has time to be absorbed, it is almost impossible to remove it. Therefore, you need to get the puddle wet with rags or porous paper as soon as possible. After that, wash the remaining mark with laundry soap. If contamination is not immediately noticed, try other cleaning compounds. Let’s figure out how to wash brilliant green from linoleum or laminate.
- Lemon. A quarter of the fruit is crushed into a puree. Distribute it over the soiled fragment. Leave for half an hour. Then the fruit gruel is removed, its remnants are washed off.
- Peroxide. The napkin is moistened, put on pollution. After 15-20 minutes, rub off the dissolved brilliant green.
- Alcohol or alcohol-containing compounds. Abundantly moisten a cotton pad, cover the speck with it. After a while, the dissolved dirt is wiped off.
- Kerosene. The rag is moistened in a solvent, the soiled fragment is actively rubbed with it. Wash off the remaining kerosene with water.
To clean linoleum, use a mixture of table vinegar and potassium permanganate. A few crystals are dissolved in 150 ml of vinegar. It is important not to overdo it with potassium permanganate, otherwise pink stains may remain on the surface. The resulting product cleans the fragment stained with greenery.
What not to do
In order not to aggravate the problem, you need to remember and follow simple rules.
- Clean up contamination only with gloves. Otherwise, your hands will be dirty.
- Before applying a cleaning agent to a soiled fragment, it must be tested on an inconspicuous area. Otherwise, the material may be irreparably damaged.
- Do not mix multiple ingredients. The result will be unpredictable.
- Abrasives and sharp objects should not be used during the cleaning process. There is a great risk of irreparably spoiling the foundation.
Brilliant greens are absorbed very quickly. After drying, it will be very difficult to remove it without a trace. It is important to remember that you can effectively clean the product only if the speck is fresh. An old mark is very, very difficult to remove.