A pleasant aroma in the house is an important part of comfort. When you enter the kitchen and smell an unpleasant smell from a bucket of garbage, any, even the most beautiful interior, will cease to please. To get rid of the problem, it is important to regularly dispose of waste. But if the moment is missed and the unpleasant smell has already appeared, there are several ways to destroy it.
one Tray filler
Pet owners can borrow some wood litter for the bin. It is necessary to throw out the garbage, then rinse the bucket or wash it thoroughly if the smell is already there. Then completely dry the container and fill the bottom with wood filler. On top of it, you can insert a garbage bag. If the liquid from the waste flows out, the filler will absorb it, and there will be no unpleasant odor.
2 Essential oils
Dampen a cotton pad or paper towel with a few drops of your favorite fragrance oil and place it in the bottom of the bucket. This method is also good for eliminating unpleasant odors. But if the liquid leaks out of the bag, the napkin will get wet and the effect will disappear. You will have to wash the bucket and repeat the procedure.
This recipe has been known for a long time. Previously, when there were no garbage bags yet, newspaper or paper was laid on the bottom. It absorbed liquid and odors, and the bucket itself was much cleaner after the newspaper was taken out. If you use trash bags, line the bottom with paper anyway. The method will help maintain cleanliness and contain an unpleasant odor.
four Vinegar solution or citric acid
If the smell still appears, the bucket can be filled with a solution of vinegar and left for some time for processing. The solution is prepared from a 1: 1 ratio, using one part of vinegar and one part of water. After the bucket is «wet», just pour out the water and walk along the walls with a brush. Instead of vinegar, you can use citric acid.
5 Baking soda
Baking soda is a good odor absorber. It can be used to clean the trash can in a variety of ways. For example, fall asleep at the bottom of the container so that there is no smell. And if you don’t want to wash the bucket of soda later, then sprinkle it on the garbage in the bag. You can also make a paste out of baking soda and water, then use it to clean a dirty bucket. So you get rid of both odors and dirt.
An effective way to wash the trash can from dirt is to fill it with «Whiteness». Can be diluted with water or used neat. Leave the bucket of «Whiteness» for a while, and then pour out the liquid and wash the container with clean water. The bucket will be clean and fresh.
7 Cleaning products
And finally, you can use the arsenal of household cleaning products. For example, chlorine-containing «Domestos» or other products will help wash dirt and remove odors.
What else can you do to keep it clean?
- Throw out the trash regularly. This is the most reliable and proven way not to dilute dirt and prevent the appearance of unpleasant odors. Get in the habit of taking out the trash bag every day.
- Drain the liquid. Do not throw away waste that contains water, flush it down the toilet. If moisture still appears at the bottom of the bucket, get rid of it immediately before it acquires an unpleasant odor.
- Use aroma packs. There are special packages with a light fruit or flower scent. They will not solve the problem globally, but they will help flavor the bucket a little.
- Do not put the bucket in heat. To prevent waste from rotting and exuding an unpleasant odor, do not store a bucket of garbage in places with high temperatures. For example, avoid spaces near the stove, radiator or oven.
- Place wet waste in an extra bag. Garbage that can smell bad or give moisture should be put in a separate bag or wrapped in paper.