[ad_1]

What plants are better not to keep in a house with children and animals? Told in video

one dieffenbachia

Despite the fact that this is a poisonous plant, it can often be found in apartments and childcare facilities. It is believed that dieffenbachia has a good effect on air quality and is a natural purifier. However, it releases toxic juice, which, when in contact with the skin or mucous membranes, can cause an allergic reaction and swelling of the larynx. It is unlikely that so much juice will enter the body to cause dangerous poisoning (it is very bitter), but it is still better to hide dieffenbachia away from children and cats.

Unsplash

2 Philodendron

Another plant with poisonous juice is the philodendron. The reaction to the toxin contained in it is similar to the consequences of dieffenbachia juice: the skin swells and itches. Despite the fact that the plant has many subspecies, among them there is no safe one. If it happens that a lot of philodendron juice enters the body, convulsions, serious poisoning, and even kidney failure can occur.

pixabay

3 Alocasia Polly

Alocasia, a distant relative of dieffenbachia, causes a similar reaction of the body when in contact with toxic juice. The mucous membranes swell, redden and itch, and something similar to a burn appears on the skin. If your animals like to feast on the green leaves of indoor plants, it is better to refuse to grow alocasia so that the pet does not accidentally get poisoned. The same applies to small children who, out of curiosity, can bite off a leaf.

pixabay

Where to look for announcements of materials and fresh ideas for the interior? Subscribe to our channels! We publish beautiful selections, videos and reviews:
https://zen.yandex.ru/ivd.ru
https://t.me/ivd_ru
https://vk.com/ivd_ru

four Spurge

Euphorbia contains poisonous juice, which, if the leaves are broken off or the plant is cut, can get on the skin and cause a burn. And if you accidentally bring the toxin into your eyes, there is a risk of temporarily losing your eyesight. If you bite off a little from the leaf and swallow it, nausea and vomiting will set in, and in some cases the person may even lose consciousness. Therefore, the flower can not be placed categorically where children will have access to it.

pixabay

5 Monstera

A beautiful and popular plant in interiors, which is nevertheless poisonous. Leaves require special care: they cannot be broken off without protective gloves, especially bite off or swallow (this applies primarily to children and animals). The toxin contained in the monstera causes severe consequences: suffocation, swelling, burning. This is not only unpleasant, but will not pass quickly — the effects can persist for a week.

pixabay

6 Trichocereus

Trichocereus belongs to the cactus family, blooms beautifully and is unpretentious in care. But it is better to refuse to keep this plant at home. Some varieties of trichocereus (for example, Peruvian Torch) contain mescaline in the juice, which causes hallucinations and serious disturbances in the central nervous system. And in large quantities, the substance can provoke a coma and seriously damage the liver.

pixabay

7 Clivia

The danger is the leaves of the plant. They contain a toxin that, in light doses, causes only profuse salivation, but if ingested in large quantities, it will provoke vomiting, diarrhea, and even loss of consciousness or paralysis.

pixabay

Cover photo: Unsplash

Plants

[ad_2]