Battery Selection Guide — Simplified Approach
Before you buy or order new heating radiators, you should briefly study the catalogs of large online stores. This will allow you to find out the order of prices and see the types of batteries that exist. All convection water heating devices are divided into 4 groups:
- aluminum sectional;
- bimetallic — sectional and monolithic;
- cast iron;
- steel — panel and tubular.
Lyrical digression. You can read reviews and articles on resources that publish product ratings of various brands. But the information will not bring much benefit — there are endless disputes on the forums and fake responses are written, and ratings are often compiled according to the TOP-10 manufacturers from the first pages of the search.
To select the power of heating radiators, you must first calculate the amount of heat spent on heating each room. Calculation methods — by area, volume or heat loss of the building — are published in a separate article. How to choose the right batteries:
- Estimate the cost of a future purchase, weed out more expensive and too cheap options for heaters.
- Select models that you like in appearance, shape and color that fit well into your home interior. Pay attention to the height of the batteries so that they fit into niches.
- If you live in a high-rise apartment (9 floors or more), open the page with the technical characteristics of the selected radiators and find out the maximum working water pressure — the device must withstand at least 12 bar.
- For owners of private cottages, the pressure parameter is of no interest — models with any characteristics will do. If the house is heated by a wood or coal boiler, it is worth checking the maximum temperature of the coolant — the higher the indicator, the better.
- Ask what connection methods are provided by the manufacturers of the selected batteries. The lower connection allows you to better hide the heating lines; with the side version, the pipes will have to be walled in the wall or left in plain sight.
- Find out the weight of the product and the method of installation — floor or wall. Find out if the radiator comes with mounting brackets and fittings, otherwise additional costs will apply. Radiator valves and a Mayevsky faucet are usually purchased separately.
To install the devices, you will need fittings, a Mayevsky crane with a key and hanging brackets
- Make the final choice of model and determine the size of the radiators by power. How the real heat transfer of 1 section (panel) is calculated, we will tell at the end of this manual.
Please note that we did not mention the materials of manufacture and types of devices. In fact, this factor does not play a big role. Modern radiators differ little in technical parameters, only the heat transfer indicator remains important. The lower operating pressure threshold is only relevant in multi-storey buildings.
Next, we will look at the design and characteristics of various batteries, compare their advantages and disadvantages. But first, let’s dispel the popular myths invented by advertisers.
Considerable height of vertical radiators excludes their traditional installation under window sills. For these products, completely different places will be needed. This must be considered before buying. Otherwise, certain difficulties may arise. It is worth thinking about the correct piping.
Where to install
To install vertical models, walls between windows are often used, but an ordinary wall or partition will also work. The main thing is that it be durable if the unit is steel or cast iron. Such products have a significant mass. If the partition is drywall, it is better to use the floor option.
If there is a niche in the room, it can also be used under the radiator. The corner of the room will do. Modern models are equipped with everything necessary for installation: brackets, overlays, fasteners. In bathrooms, it is recommended to install a heated towel rail, which is included in the package of many manufacturers.
The heater must not be covered with furniture in order to reduce heat transfer. It should be open, especially since modern products have a stylish design and can decorate any interior.
How to connect
The connection scheme largely depends on the technical feasibility of piping. For example, if in a private house an autonomous heating system has an upper wiring (a straight pipe runs along the top), then the radiator must also be looked for with an upper connection. With bottom wiring, the connection can be lateral, diagonal or bottom.
Saddle connection, when the direct and return lines approach the lower part of the unit horizontally on both sides, is not recommended, since this scheme will cause heat losses. Practice has shown that in this case the heat transfer is reduced to 25%.
For the same reason, the upper connection is not used for the lower wiring of the heating system. The bottom connection is when the direct and return pipes exit the floor. Most foreign manufacturers integrate a thermoregulation mechanism into their units. It is set at the factory. This must be remembered.
In such heaters, the direction of the working medium is always one-sided. How the coolant should flow through the radiator is indicated in the product manual. If you connect it the other way around, at best, the unit simply will not heat up, and at worst, the thermoregulation mechanism will fail.
Myths about heating radiators
In order to promote a particular product, three common tales were invented about heating devices made from various materials:
- the heat transfer of aluminum radiators is much higher than steel and cast iron;
- cast iron radiators are massive, so they heat up and cool down for a long time, supposedly they store heat;
- water hammer and pressure occur in the central heating network, which only bimetallic heaters can withstand.
Note. Here are the main established myths, we will talk about others in the process of describing radiators.
Compared to ferrous metals — steel and cast iron — aluminum conducts heat much better. Let’s confirm with figures: the coefficient of thermal conductivity λ of aluminum products is 209 W/(m•°С), steel products — 47 W/(m•°С), cast iron products — only 42 W/(m•°С). What’s the catch: heaters are not made of pure aluminum, but an alloy of the AK12 group — silumin, where there is 11-13% silicon and other impurities indicated in the table above.
The purpose of adding silicon is to increase the strength and corrosion resistance of the alloy. The physical properties of silumin are different, the thermal conductivity is noticeably lower — 168 W / (m • ° C). Given the thickness of the walls of the batteries 4-5 mm, the difference in the heat transfer of aluminum and iron devices is imperceptible in practice. Put 2 such radiators of the same power in the room — you will not be able to determine which one works more efficiently.
The best conductor of heat is copper. Plate plinth heaters and copper-aluminum water convectors are made from it.
The stumbling block is the prices of copper products. The right photo shows the Termia heater, which costs $70. e., dimensions — 400 x 400 x 90 mm, heat flux — only 430 watts.
The transfer of thermal energy from any metal battery is strongly influenced by the following factors:
- temperature and flow rate of the coolant;
- surface area of the device;
- temperature difference between room air and water in pipes.
Reference. The difference between the average temperature of the coolant and the heated air in the room is called the temperature difference (DT). The value will come in handy later, when calculating the power of the devices.
Let’s dispel the remaining myths point by point:
- During heating / cooling, the massiveness of cast iron does not play a role, since its heat capacity is 9 times lower than that of water inside (0.54 kJ/kg •°С versus 4.18 kJ/kg •°С). Therefore, the cast-iron battery will cool down simultaneously with the coolant, no longer. Silumin and steel will cool faster because they hold a much smaller volume of water.
- Water hammer inside district heating networks simply does not happen. The maximum pressure in operating mode is 10 bar, test pressure is 12 bar. Modern aluminum appliances can easily withstand such pressure.
What are tall radiators
Recently, residents are increasingly turning their eyes to high heating radiators. Sometimes they are also called vertical. This category includes products whose installation height is more than one meter. Every year they are gaining popularity.
Tall appliances work in exactly the same way as traditional ones. They are equipped with two nozzles. A hot coolant enters the intake, gives off its energy and exits cooled down through the outlet pipe.
In electric models, the coolant (oil or distilled water) heats the heating element (tubular electric heater). In «dry» electric heaters, the heating element immediately heats the body of the product, so heat is released faster.
The greatest difficulty in the installation of high water units is the inconspicuous piping, which must either be hidden in a brick (concrete) wall, or removed behind the plasterboard sheathing, and this is not always technically feasible.
Electric heaters are easier to connect. It is enough to install a socket with a voltage of 220 V.
This type of heating devices has a number of undeniable advantages.
- Rich choice. Manufacturers offer products of various colors, sizes and shapes.
- Great design. Properly selected model fits easily into any interior.
- Ease of installation. Due to the included special mounting kit.
- Possibility of installation near stained glass walls. Products do not need window sills.
- High heating rate. The large surface area of the units significantly increases heat transfer.
- Space saving. In a niche under the windowsill, you can equip a small locker.
Non-standard dimensions of vertical radiators imply the presence of a free wall. This is one of the downsides of this product.
- Devices with a bottom connection have a 10-15% lower heat transfer. Lateral or diagonal connection is not always possible.
- Steel and cast iron units have a large mass, increasing the load on the supporting structures of the building.
- The complexity of the heating line.
- High price. A simple vertical two-meter section costs from 4 to 10 thousand rubles. Designer exclusive models are much more expensive.
- Uneven heating. The heated air rushes up, accumulating in the ceiling area. The floor stays cool.
Design and advantages of aluminum appliances
Radiators of this type are made by injection molding or extrusion. The finished product is a vertical single section or a one-piece non-separable battery (both varieties are produced by the well-known company Rifar). A heater of the required power is assembled from separate sections, the connection method is a threaded nipple with a gasket.
Inside the silumin radiator section, shown in the section in the photo, 2 horizontal collectors are made, between them there is a vertical connecting channel of oval section. The outer heat-exchange part is convection fins coated with heat-resistant powder paint. The shape of the fins and the number of plates are determined by the manufacturer.
Reference. The height of the battery is calculated from the distance between the centers of the horizontal collectors. Aluminum products are offered in 3 standard versions — 35, 50 and 80 cm. Permissible pressure in radiators — 14 … 16 bar, heat transfer of a section with a center distance of 500 mm — about 190 W, according to the Italian brand Global.
Advantages of aluminum alloy batteries:
- light weight;
- attractive appearance;
- efficient heat transfer contributes to a large surface area;
- small water capacity — 0.2 … 1 l, depending on the size;
- relatively low price 7 … 10 at. e. per section, Chinese models — from 5 c.u. e.
The disadvantage of aluminum is low corrosion resistance, although in practice heaters serve in apartments with central heating for 20 years. The statement should be attributed to private houses, where too hard water, saturated with magnesium and calcium salts, is used as a coolant.
Method of assembling a sectional heater on threaded nipples with EPDM rubber gaskets
The second minus is inherent in any sectional batteries — when pouring a non-freezing coolant, leaks occur at the joints. One-piece modifications, for example, «Rifar Monolith», do not experience such problems.
Comparison of high vertical batteries with horizontal ones: advantages and disadvantages
|Properties||Vertical radiators||Horizontal (classic) radiators|
|Appearance||Design execution||Designer execution or standard solutions for everyday tasks|
|Temperature maintenance||Depends on correct calculations.|
|Price||high||Medium or budget|
|Safety||High with the right choice of equipment|
|Life time||From 5 to 10 years warranty with the right choice of equipment|
|Balancing||Requires experience with different radiators in the system||Simple|
|Working and maximum pressure||Operating modes are taken into account when purchasing equipment|
Important for installers and operators:
- manufacturability (simplicity) of installation and replacement;
- convenience of balancing the heating system in a private house;
- compliance of the technical characteristics with the operating conditions — the type of coolant and the maximum working pressure.
Based on the totality of the evaluated parameters, it can be understood that vertical batteries have two important advantages over conventional radiators:
- an unusual appearance that gives style to the room and raises the status of the owner in the eyes of guests;
- ease of use for certain types of design.
The main disadvantage for the mass consumer is the high price of products.
Masters note the difficulties of setting up the system if different types of batteries are included — in this case it is sometimes difficult to achieve the same coolant flow through the convectors.
Pros and cons of bimetal
As you might guess from the name, heaters are made of 2 metals — silumin and steel. Externally, the batteries are indistinguishable from aluminum sections, but inside the collectors and vertical channels, iron tubes welded together are sealed. The steel frame is designed to solve 2 tasks:
- protection of the silumin part from the chemical effects of the coolant in old centralized systems;
- increasing the reliability of the radiator by increasing the operating pressure threshold to 20 … 30 atm.
For reference. There are bimetallic models with double vertical channels made to improve water flow and heat transfer. An example is the Rifar SUPReMO line of non-separable batteries, shown in the photo below.
In terms of other technical characteristics, bimetal differs little from aluminum — the power of 1 section, weight and capacity are almost the same. The operational advantages of radiators are also preserved, but a couple of disadvantages appear:
- the price of batteries is 30-50% higher, for example, the original bimetallic section of the Global Style Plus company with a center spacing of 500 mm costs about 15 USD. e. (970 rubles);
- due to different coefficients of thermal expansion of silumin and steel, the pipe core can burst at the welded joints, making repairs and sealing the leak is unrealistic.
In a monolithic structure, the collectors of neighboring sections are connected by welding. A feature of Rifar products is 2 vertical channels
An important addition. On sale, sometimes there are inferior bimetallic radiators with steel tubes embedded only inside the collectors. The vertical channel of the section remains unprotected.
What to do if the bottom or top of the battery is cold
In the case of a cold top, the cause most often lies in the air that has accumulated in this part of the heater. One has only to bleed it with the help of a special valve (called the «Mayevsky crane»), and the operability of the connecting device is restored. Some foreign models have an automatic valve that bleeds air as it accumulates.
With a cold bottom, the situation is more complicated.
It can cool down for a variety of reasons:
- blockage of the system;
- insufficient coolant pressure;
- low temperature of the working environment;
- incorrect radiator connection diagram;
- the valve (ball valve) is incorrectly embedded.
After a specific cause is found, the problem must be corrected. The blockage is cleared by disassembling the system and then flushing it. The low temperature is raised using a thermostat of a gas or electric boiler, which has several modes of heating the coolant. The pressure of the working medium is increased by a tie-in circulation booster pump.
An incorrectly installed ball valve or valve is dismantled and turned 180 degrees. On the body of shut-off and control valves there is an arrow for the direction of movement of the working medium. If the bottom is cold due to an incorrect connection scheme, it is changed by making a cut. For example, the saddle version is replaced with a diagonal one. Wood-burning heating stoves for the home, read on our website.
Features of cast iron «harmonicas»
The design of cast iron batteries is familiar to most homeowners. Like the aluminum «brother», the heater is assembled from separate sections, twisted with nipples through gaskets (you need a long socket wrench).
Cast iron batteries on the market are conventionally divided into 2 groups:
- Soviet-style products of the MS-140 brand, standard center interval — 300 and 500 mm.
- Designer models molded in modern, retro and so on. The distance between the plugs is arbitrary.
Inexpensive «accordions» of the MC series are significantly inferior to any radiators in appearance, they are used mainly in industrial premises. The heat output of the 50 cm section is 160 W, the operating pressure is up to 9 bar, the water volume is 1.45 liters. Cost — from 6 at. e. (420 rubles).
The appearance of modern retro batteries (left) is very different from the Soviet «accordions» MS-140 (right)
Beautiful designer batteries from different brands are very different in size, power and other parameters. The table below shows the characteristics and prices of decorative heaters from Czech, Turkish and Russian brands (excluding the cost of decorative valves).
Note. The numbers after the names of the products indicate the center distance and thickness of the heater in millimeters.
Cast iron «accordions» are reliable in operation, durable and completely not afraid of corrosion. In appearance, retroradiators confidently occupy the first position among all heating devices. Now let’s cover the negatives:
- the exorbitant price of designer sections — this is noticeable in the table;
- cast iron is brittle, breaks under impact loads;
- solid weight of the product;
- the battery holds 2-4 times more coolant than other types of radiators.
Heating devices in the Art Nouveau style from the Czech brand Viadrus
The so-called inertia of the cast-iron sections is explained precisely by the increased capacity. Two liters of water cools down much longer than 0.2-0.6 liters in an aluminum section. Particularly heavy modifications, for example, Retro Style Anerli, are produced in the floor version and are equipped with legs.
Types depending on the material of manufacture
Cast iron model Retro Style LILLE 813/95.
Reliable metal, practically not subject to corrosion. For manufacturing, a casting method is used, which makes surface treatment difficult. Because of this, the appearance of products suffers.
Thick walls cause a large mass of the structure, which is inconvenient during transportation and installation. In addition, cast iron is unstable to shock loads, it is easy to damage it when moving.
The maximum height of cast iron vertical radiators available for purchase can reach 1,000 mm, which is not so much to provide full heating in cold regions.
Wall options are placed only on solid outer walls and capital partitions. The working pressure of cast-iron radiators is, as a rule, 10 atm, and pressure testing up to 15 atm. Devices can be used with any type of coolant, heated to a temperature of 120 °C.
Steel model Purmo Delta Laserline 2180.
The ease of processing and the cost of the metal make it possible to produce steel radiators of a low price category.
Steel products are made in the form of cast or tubular sections, as well as panels, between the walls of which a coolant circulates.
- low price;
- light weight, allowing installation on non-capital walls;
- ease of installation;
- variety of appearance and colors;
- presence on the market of products with anti-corrosion treatment of internal surfaces.
- low values of working pressure — from 6 to 10 atm;
- accelerated corrosion of internal surfaces for inexpensive models, even despite anticorrosive. coatings;
- welded seams that reduce strength.
How to choose steel heating radiators Device, selection criteria and best models
The main disadvantage is the impossibility of using it in multi-storey buildings with centralized heating, where the working pressure can reach 10 atm, and the pressure test 15 atm. This property sometimes does not apply to tubular radiators, the characteristics of which may be suitable for such operating conditions.
Steel radiators are produced in three designs.
The model in the photo is Piano Vertical — TRC.
First view (sectional) is a radiator in which identical sections are connected. By adding elements, you can form a battery of the required power.
Advice! It is not advisable to combine a large number of sections in a vertical radiator, since a large surface area contributes to increased cooling of the coolant. If there are several radiators in the circuit, then the latter will be filled with cooled coolant and the room will not warm up sufficiently.
The model in the photo is Zehnder Charleston 3180 Completto.
Tubular models are non-separable and by design, as a rule, are a set of separate pipes connected in the upper and lower parts by collectors. Due to the lack of edges, they have lower performance compared to the sectional view. At the same time, they have an unusual appearance, which is often used in design projects.
Due to the absence of threaded connections, the tubular type is considered the most resistant to destruction during pressure testing and hydraulic shocks.
The inner surface of some models is coated with an anti-corrosion layer, which increases the service life.
The model in the photo is Stelrad Vertex 10 300 1600.
Panel radiators can be of various designs.
The most common options are when steel pipes with a circulating coolant are welded between two sheets. Modern models can be equipped with a glass and mirror front wall, which gives the room an exclusive look.
Aluminum OSCAR 1800/12 GLOBAL.
In terms of price, aluminum radiators are comparable to steel ones, but are somewhat inferior to them in terms of technical parameters.
Note! Pure aluminum is rarely used for manufacturing due to the ductility of the material. Silicon, copper and other chemical elements are added to the composition of the alloy to give strength.
- low price;
- the minimum amount of coolant required to fill the system;
- light weight;
- fast heating and cooling, which helps to accurately and in a short period of time regulate the temperature in the room;
- high heat transfer coefficient, which allows saving energy resources in private houses;
- attractive appearance.
Among the shortcomings are:
- coolant leaks at the joints of sections after several years of operation due to thermal expansion of the alloy during temperature fluctuations;
- short service life;
- high activity of aluminum and the formation of gases during chemical reactions with the coolant.
Important! Aluminum radiators cannot be installed in multi-storey buildings with central heating due to low mechanical strength.
Bimetal model Royal Thermo PianoForte Tower Bianco Traffico.
The so-called bimetallic batteries are one of the best vertical heating radiators for an apartment.
Structurally, the products consist of an inner tube made of stainless material (steel or copper), which is surrounded by an outer shell made of aluminum.
This allows you to get a battery with technical characteristics suitable for use in any conditions: steel gives strength, and aluminum easily gives off heat and makes the battery visually attractive.
Important! Externally, bimetallic batteries cannot be distinguished from aluminum ones, therefore, when buying, be sure to clarify the information and require a product passport with a certificate.
Advantages of steel radiators
Manufacturers offer 2 options for iron batteries:
- panel — flat and profile;
- vertical tubular (sectional).
Standard panel arrangement (left) and vertical design model (right)
Comment. Both varieties are available in a designer vertical design (see above in the photo). Well-known brands in the post-Soviet space: Kermi, Korado, Purmo, Arbonia and others.
Heating panels are welded from stamped steel plates 1.2…1.5 mm thick. Fittings are installed on the side or bottom of the radiator for connecting the inlets. Convective fins are attached between the panels. The batteries are divided into types depending on the number of heating panels and profiled fins, as shown in the table.
Performance indicators of panel heaters (taken according to the German Kermi radiator type 22, mounting size 100 x 50 cm):
- allowable pressure — up to 10 bar;
- thermal power 1550 W at a supply water temperature of 75 °C, a return water temperature of 65 °C;
- coolant volume — 5.4 l;
- unit weight — 28 kg, price — 95 USD. e. (6300 rubles).
The characteristics of tubular radiators are not too different from panel ones. If we take a two-row device Arbonia 3050/22, comparable in size to the Kermi option under consideration (500 x 1014 mm), we get a power of 1481 W with the same working head and weight of 25.9 kg. Only the price of the product is different — 430 USD. e.
Tubular radiators «Arboniya» in horizontal and vertical design
Since we are considering affordable options, we list the advantages of panel batteries:
- steel panels — the most budget option among all radiators;
- resistance to chemical corrosion;
- acceptable design and appearance;
- one-piece design allows you to pour antifreeze into the system and not be afraid of leaks;
- the ability to select power without changing dimensions — by adding heating panels and fins (from 1 for Type 10 to 3 pcs. for Type 33).
The disadvantage of radiators is the low operating pressure threshold — 6 … 10 Bar. We will not refute this, but we offer to watch the video of our expert, where an inexpensive steel panel is pumped up with a crimping pump until the weld breaks (pressure over 20 bar):
Table of the best six models of radiators
|Firm||Model||Dimensions, cm||Heating area, sq.m.||Price, thousand rubles|
|Royal Thermo||BILINER SILVER Steel, panel||50 x 57 x 8.7||6||3.06|
|Global STYLE PLUS||Style Plus 350 Bimetallic||42.5 x 9.5 x 8||5||1.25|
|Sira Group||Gladiator Bimetallic||50 x 52 x 8||6||3|
|KONNER Modem||LUX 350 Aluminum||42 x 7.5 x 7.8||four||2.4|
|MS-140||MS-140 Cast iron||20 x 58.5 x 14||18 (4 sections)||5|
|Purmo Ventil||CV22, CV33 Steel, panel||50 x 50 x 8||fifteen||eight|
How to find out the real heat transfer
When choosing heating devices in an online store, it is difficult to find the real power indicators of a panel or one section. It is more profitable for sellers to declare the maximum heat output, which is practically unattainable when heating a country cottage or apartment. According to the passport, the temperature of the water in the supply pipeline should reach 90 degrees, the return — 70 ° C, room air — 20 ° C.
Reference. In modern household heat generators, the heating temperature is limited to 80 … 85 degrees.
We recommend selecting sections for heat transfer as follows:
- Open the official website of the manufacturer of the battery you like and download the instruction manual for the device. It indicates exactly at what temperature difference the DT radiator produces the nominal amount of heat. Be guided by the mode 70 / 50 ° С.
The power of Kermi steel panels depending on the size and temperature conditions — an example of a table
- If there is no instruction, take the manufacturer’s data as true and multiply the heat transfer by a multiplier of 1.5-1.8. Having made a one and a half stock, you definitely will not lose.
- Select the last radiators of a single-pipe system with a double margin, since they receive the least amount of heat energy.
The most accurate method of selection is the calculation of heat transfer for a given temperature difference. The calculation algorithm is detailed in the relevant material.
Conclusions and recommendations
We hope the previous description helped you figure out which radiators are best for an apartment in terms of price and technical performance. Finally, here are some practical tips:
- Follow the instructions at the beginning of this publication. Choose the radiators that best suit your design and budget.
- The working pressure of the coolant is important only for apartments in high-rise buildings, only bimetallic and aluminum batteries can withstand pressures above 10 bar. For dachas and private cottages, any water heating devices are suitable.
- With a limited budget, feel free to buy steel panels — in terms of heat transfer, they are not inferior to other heaters or convectors.
- Under the gravity system, you need to take radiators with a large cross section of internal channels. It is better not to install stamped steel heaters, only tubular ones.
- In terms of price-quality ratio and the combination of operating parameters, sectional batteries made of light aluminum alloy occupy the first place.
- It is worth paying for a bimetal when there is no certainty in the parameters of the coolant — the pressure is unknown, hard water is used.
- Try not to buy frankly cheap radiators made of unknown material in China. They will warm, but probably not for long.
Characteristics of heaters of the same size, made of different materials — comparison table
Conclusion regarding cast iron. Heating radiators of the old type MS-90 and MS-140 are cheap, but look unsightly. Beautifully designed models are incredibly expensive, and therefore inaccessible to ordinary homeowners. Cast iron is becoming a rarity, and outdated «accordions» of the MC series are becoming a thing of the past.
If the budget allows you to install designer heaters, carefully choose each battery according to its dimensions. It is better to place a vertical steel heating radiator in a narrow wall niche, and stylish cast-iron products under the windows. Heavy floor versions are preferably additionally fixed to the wall using a pair of brackets.
Which company’s heating radiator is better to choose
Buying a heating radiator (RO) for a home is not a trivial task due to the huge variety of brands, manufacturers, product lines and new products constantly replenishing the market. In order not to get confused in all this, to begin with, experts analyzed the presented manufacturers from all over the world, evaluated their products, reputation, declared guarantees and offers.
The following brands made the list of leaders:
- Royal Thermo — a domestic manufacturer whose products are distinguished by Italian design. For several decades, radiators of this brand have been supplied to the Russian and Eastern European markets, these are mainly bimetallic and aluminum models. Along with increased heat transfer, most products have low prices.
- Rifar — the best manufacturer of RO in Russia, according to buyers and experts, has been operating since 2002. Each model has good performance characteristics, and most importantly, it is inexpensive. A 10-year warranty is attached to many products, and bi-metal and aluminum models are in high demand.
- Rommer — Another leading manufacturer from Russia, offering durable sectional radiators of various types. All products comply with European quality standards, have high heat transfer, strength, resistance to blockages, small dimensions.
- Teplopribor is a domestic company that develops modern durable RO devices with an emphasis on impeccable design and quality, innovation and their implementation. Each unit of goods corresponds to GOST 31311, the bulk of the products are aluminum and bimetallic devices. The brand has several of its own patented technologies.
- Sira is an Italian brand with extensive experience in the production of RO. Its products have been supplied to the Russian market since 1961. The main slogan of the company is the creation of long-term values, ideas, concepts and innovations. The assembly takes place in China, each new unit offers increased performance.
- Konner is a domestic manufacturer with a German name and Chinese production. All products are guaranteed for 15 years or more. Könner is a modern design, high power, compact dimensions and weight.
- retro style is a Russian company founded in 2011. Most of the products are cast iron ROs with an old design. Since the unaesthetic appearance of cast iron appliances forced them out of the market, the company decided to focus on this parameter.
- Exemet — a company from Russia, whose products began to appear on the market since 2013. These are mainly cast-iron retro models, stoves and fireplaces. The engineering department and several lead designers are responsible for the design. Before being released for sale, each unit is hydraulically tested.
- Global is the No. 1 brand worldwide in sales of bimetallic and aluminum heating systems. The activity has been carried out since 1971, all modern products are adapted to the harsh Russian winters and low temperatures. All products are protected by a 10 year warranty.
- lammin — Finnish manufacturer of aluminum and bimetallic heating devices of European quality. Batteries are available in 2 types — Eco and Premium, differ in technical parameters and prices. Differences from many other brands — anti-corrosion properties, high-tech painting, a unique alloy, increased heat transfer.
- Valflex is a Turkish brand with a dealer in Russia, which creates heating devices only on the basis of modern technologies and innovations. In the course of production, a high-pressure casting method is used. The range is universal in terms of the method of operation; before going on sale, each unit is tested and certified.
- Ogint — despite the fact that this is a Russian brand, production is carried out in China. Most of the products belong to the budget series with low prices, the technical characteristics, properties and capabilities of each heater are moderate.
- Arbonia — a German company with a Russian representative office. The main differences in comparison with competitors are the high quality of each device, a design solution that will transform any interior, modern technologies and declared durability.
- Kermi is a popular German brand with over 50 years of experience. The best marks were received by steel devices, profiled and smooth panels for heating. The high price is justified by the impeccable reputation of the brand and guarantees of long service life.
- Buderus — one of the oldest brands produced by RO, the German brand was founded back in 1731. Here one can trace the pedantry inherent in the Germans to the smallest details and quality. In the assortment today you can see classic and enhanced models, the latter have serious technical characteristics, which hardly anyone can compare with.
- Axis — a Russian company known in the domestic market and in the countries of the former CIS for the production of heating boilers. The main activity today is aimed at the development and sale of steel radiators at low prices, in a light, unobtrusive design, with a long service life. The Italian equipment of the latest generation is responsible for the quality.
- Lideya — an iron foundry in Belarus, which today supplies heating appliances for export to the countries of the former CIS and Europe. Most modern products are presented in the form of panel radiators for residential and industrial premises, except for those that have an aggressive, humid environment. Their advantages are affordable prices, easy installation, good thermal conductivity, aesthetics.
The best water leakage sensors