In recent years, electrical types of this necessary device have gained momentum in popularity.
They help to achieve the maximum effect in the struggle for the purity and whiteness of the dentition.
However, it is worth considering that the desired goals can only be achieved with the right choice of this hygienic device.
Electric brushes are available in several types, the distinguishing feature of which is the principle of operation.
Each consumer makes his own choice based on his own preferences for cleaning features.
The first model of a classic electric brush appeared in the 60s in the USA, and a year later, this device became known in many countries of the world. Such brushes work under mechanical action, in which the head performs a reciprocating circular motion.
In 2-3 minutes, she is able to perform as many cleansing movements as a person would not perform in 30 minutes with a common bristly device.
Typically, these brushes are equipped with a set of nozzles with which you can polish the enamel, massage the periodontal tissues, and clean the dentition.
This model is in great demand among buyers. The fixed head is equipped with bristles. Their movement is triggered by sound frequencies.
It is this feature that distinguishes the sonic brush from other models and serves as a defining nuance when the consumer chooses a hygienic device for the oral cavity.
Dentists strongly recommend purchasing a sonic accessory whose bristles fluctuate between 16,000 and 35,000 per minute. The brush action is perfectly balanced and comfortable.
Ultrasound is able to conduct an intensive fight against pathogens and pathogens. The brush quickly and without harm to the enamel cleans plaque and massages the gum tissue.
The handle of this device is equipped with a motor, the bristles are placed on a special piezoceramic emitter, which is made in the form of a plate. A metal plate with a ceramic coating serves as a source of ultrasonic waves with a frequency of up to 1.8 MHz in a hygienic device.
As soon as the work of the accessory is started, the bristles begin ultra-intense vibrations. It’s hard to believe, but in 60 seconds they are able to make more than 110 million movements.
Frequencies penetrate into all hard-to-reach places, thereby improving cleansing. In addition to ultrasonic exposure, the head itself performs rotational circular movements, which greatly increases the effectiveness of the procedure.
From the video you will learn about the types of electric toothbrushes and their features.
Movement frequency (rotating, sweeping, pulsating, sound vibrations) — the intensity of treatment of the oral cavity directly depends on this parameter. In many devices, the frequency of movements is adjusted, which allows you to select the desired mode for a particular procedure.
Number of operating modes – this parameter defines a set of device capabilities. For toothbrushes, modes mean the speed of movement of the head, which affects the intensity of brushing, for irrigators, functions. It is desirable that the brush has at least 3-4 modes (massage, regular, delicate and deep cleaning).
Max run time — the duration of continuous operation of the device from fresh batteries — batteries or an accumulator. The actual duration of operation is usually less than the time indicated in the characteristics of the model, as it depends on the procedures performed and the quality of the batteries. In most devices, this figure does not exceed 20-30 minutes, which is enough for several days.
Full charge time – the duration of charging a completely dead battery (several hours).
Network cable length — affects the comfort in working with the device. A device with a long cord can be used away from the socket.
The weight – a heavy device is inconvenient to use, because hands get tired quickly. This will negatively affect the quality of the procedures performed. It is desirable that the weight of a toothbrush or portable irrigator does not exceed 200 g.
- Pressure — adjustable depending on the procedures: 30 kPa (for gentle treatment of sensitive teeth), 400-500 kPa (medium setting), 600-650 kPa (for deep cleaning). Higher pressure is needed to clean the tongue. The wider the range of pressure regulation, the more tasks the irrigator will cope with.
- Number of pressure levels — affects the accuracy of setting the pressure of the irrigator for a specific task. This parameter is especially important for devices with a wide range of pressure regulation.
- The volume of water in the tank – The larger the capacity of the tank, the less often it needs to be filled with water. The reverse side of a large capacity is an increase in the dimensions of the irrigator. Portable devices are supplied with a reservoir up to 150 ml, for stationary models this parameter increases to 500 ml and above.
- Hose length — a longer hose will allow the main unit of the irrigator to be located away from the user. The standard length is several tens of centimeters. Sometimes there are irrigators with a hose 1 m long.
Instruction for the buyer
Consumers are presented with a wide selection of electric brushes of various models, which are different from each other in terms of technical characteristics and a variety of functions.
Certain types of electric brushes can carry out their work from various power sources.
The best choice is a battery-powered brush. During the hygiene procedure, you do not need to worry that at the wrong time the device will stop working.
The battery is charged at any convenient time, which guarantees uninterrupted operation of the device when cleaning the oral cavity.
It is not very convenient to use a brush on finger batteries. This type of power supply is considered unprofitable, since a compact stand-alone DC source quickly loses the necessary energy and needs to be replaced.
In addition to the listed types, on sale you can find devices powered by the network. This is the most inconvenient and dangerous type of electric brushes.
Detailed description of the irrigator Panasonic Dentacare Handy EW 1211 and the rules for its use. This article provides reviews of the electric ultrasonic toothbrush.
Follow the link https://dentist-pro.ru/krasota-i-uxod/sredstva/zubnye-pasty/obzor-splat.html if you are interested in the action and effectiveness of Splat Biocalcium toothpaste.
Working head movements
When choosing an electric brush, it is important to pay attention not only to the type and shape of the head, but also to the density and location of the bristles. It is especially important to take into account the principle of rotation of the working nozzle.
As a rule, recently, three technologies are used in devices:
- oneD. Used in economical models of electric brushes. The nozzle rotates exclusively clockwise, that is, performing one circular motion.
- 2D. Models with this technology have an average cost. The nozzle rotates both forward and in the opposite direction, providing a deeper and better cleansing.
- 3D. This model is considered the best option when choosing a quality device for the oral cavity. The brush belongs to the goods of high and medium cost. Soft and thorough cleansing occurs due to pulsating and reciprocating movements. With such a device, hygienic cleaning of plaque becomes super effective.
Manufacturers of toothbrushes equip devices with a number of various modes, believing that their number can increase the demand for their products.
Accordingly, the price of such brushes will be many times more expensive than a similar accessory with 3-4 cleaning modes.
However, the buyer should be aware that additional features of the device are completely optional.
For proper care of the oral cavity, only 4 modes are required:
When choosing a cheap fixture model, you should not get hung up on a large number of attachments. Such an option a priori cannot be of high quality.
It is better to purchase an inexpensive but good-quality brush with one standard mode, and over time, supplement it with all the necessary attachments.
If the buyer decided to initially purchase an expensive device, you should pay attention to the presence of the following attachments:
- for bleaching;
- for polishing enamel;
- with soft bristles (with increased tooth sensitivity);
- with a floss replacement function;
- double or triple cleansing.
During the procedure, it is better to use all the nozzles in turn, this will help maximize the effectiveness of cleansing and prevention.
Currently, such devices are made in 2 types of handles:
- Classic. The shape follows the contours of the hand, which is most convenient when using, besides, additional pads made of soft rubber increase comfort.
- Ergonomic. The handle has a large size, and its surface is covered with a special film, the presence of which prevents slipping. This feature makes it convenient to perform a hygienic procedure for people with joint problems.
Bristles and head shape
During operation, this part of the brush is constantly in contact with tooth enamel and gums.
That is why it is important to pay attention to the stiffness, shape and location of the bristles, based on the individual characteristics of the teeth.
Competent recommendations for the choice can be given by the attending dentist. Good quality brushes are characterized by the presence of rotating bristles, the size of which should not cover more than two dental units.
In addition, an important point is the number of bristles. For a thorough cleaning of permanent teeth in adults, 50 bunches are enough — a device with 35-40 bunches is suitable for children.
When buying a quality device, it is worth considering not only its main features, but also a number of additional functions. Paying attention to this detail, the buyer provides himself with increased comfort.
As shown by the level of sales, the following features are especially popular:
- Multiple modes available. Oral care will be more thorough if the device, in addition to the standard mode, is equipped with several cleaning methods. As a rule, brushes with low cost do not have additional modes.
- Color indicator of bristle wear. This feature is very useful. The person is notified in time about the need to replace the nozzle.
- Built-in timer. The function helps to spend exactly as much time on the procedure as normal cleaning requires — usually it is no more than 3 minutes. A number of devices have timers that control the cleaning time of a certain area in the oral cavity. After the set time has elapsed, the device signals the completion of the purification and the transition of the device to another area.
- Device for controlling the pressure of the bristles. Thanks to this feature, it is possible to control the pressure exerted by the bristles on the surface of the teeth and gum tissue. If, with an increase in the pressing force, there is a threat of damage to the enamel and soft tissues, the sensor will sound an audible signal or the vibration will automatically turn off.
- Graphically designed mini screen. Some expensive brush models have a digital display that informs the person about the selected mode, procedure time and other useful information.
- Nozzles with color marking. A very handy feature of brushes for all family members. Manufacturers recommend purchasing an inexpensive version of the device with several nozzles that have a marker mark, which will allow several people to use the device at once.
- Additional items. Together with the brush, the kit includes additional accessories that greatly increase the usability. Here you can highlight the stand fixture with a compartment for nozzles and a transport case.
Features of the ionic toothbrush Splat and its principle of operation. See here photos of monobundle toothbrushes and read their description.
You will find Oral Bee electric toothbrush reviews.
When choosing a toothbrush, it is better to give preference to well-known manufacturers. Such companies have proven themselves well in the dental products market and have won the trust of most consumers.
They always have an appropriate quality certificate, which acts as a guarantor of efficient, uninterrupted, and most importantly, safe operation of the device.
It is better to buy a device for oral care in specialized outlets and pharmacies, which excludes the possibility of becoming the owner of a non-genuine product.
Circuit — from a household outlet (220V). Such power provides unlimited operating time of the device and provides the necessary power for any functions, which favorably affects the cleaning ability of the device. The disadvantage is the dependence on the outlet. This minus does not allow the use of the model in travel. Power supply from the mains is most often found in stationary irrigators and dental centers.
Battery — makes it possible to use the device outdoors with a socket, most often comes in powerful models of brushes or irrigators. Cons: you can not quickly change a discharged battery for a new one (often batteries are made non-removable), the need for periodic charging, which requires a source of electricity and time.
It is recommended to purchase models that provide battery power — its disadvantages are more than offset by advantages, which cannot be said about power from the mains or batteries.
Important: It is worth considering the manufacturer’s recommended battery charge time. If this parameter is more than 10-12 hours, then it is better not to buy such a brush or irrigator, since they can only be used once a day, which is clearly not enough (it is recommended to brush your teeth twice — in the morning and in the evening).
For those who like to brush their teeth while taking a shower, brushes with a battery that is charged by induction (wireless) power transmission. This solution ensures the tightness of the housing due to the rejection of external contacts and connectors.
Batteries — like a battery, they allow you to work with the device away from external sources of electricity. Discharged batteries are easy to change for new ones, and a huge number of models makes it possible to choose the best option in terms of cost, capacity and quality. The disadvantage is the relatively low power of many cheap batteries that will not be able to start a brush or irrigator.
Batteries are a good choice for travel, but for everyday home use, they are less economical than a battery.
Important: unlike the battery included in the package, batteries are purchased separately from the brush or irrigator.
Combined — combines previous types of nutrition and is found in dental centers: for a brush — a battery or batteries, for an irrigator — a network.
Each of us at least once, but thought about the effectiveness of an ordinary toothbrush. Is she up to her task?
Dentists unanimously agree that special oral care devices perform the best cleaning.
We will talk about some of the most popular models that will appeal to all family members.
Braun Oral-B Stages Power DB-4
The brush is made for children. Colorful design and images of cartoon characters will turn the hygiene procedure into a fun entertainment. The head has a round shape, which allows you to thoroughly clean the chewing surface.
Efficiency is increased due to the reciprocating feature of the work and intense vibrations of the bristles in different directions. Batteries are the power source.
The cost of the model varies between 1000-1100 rubles.
This model can rightly be called a purely feminine attribute. Creative design, made in the form of lipstick, and several variations of body colors will not leave indifferent any of the fair sex.
The device is lightweight and compact. The work of the model consists in the sound type of purification. Intense vibrations, in which the bristles begin to rotate in different directions, up and down, provide an excellent result.
Due to the oval shape of the head, the removal of plaque from the surface of the teeth is fast. The model is battery operated, the head has a protective cap against dust and microbes, which is very convenient when traveling.
The cost of the device is 1300-1400 rubles.
Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite HX6711
The model is an excellent option in terms of its capabilities and relatively inexpensive cost. The brush is suitable for any member of the family.
The head is made in the form of an oval and works on the technology of sonic purification. The rotation speed is high, and the dynamic jet of liquid is able to effectively remove plaque and food debris in the interdental spaces.
In addition to the standard mode, the device is able to whiten teeth, massage the gums and polish the enamel. The presence of a timer allows you to perform both full cleaning and processing of individual areas (from 30 seconds to 2 minutes).
The model is battery operated and has a treatment time control indicator.
You can buy the device for 3500-4200 rubles.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9332
The device is considered a top model. Its functionality can be compared with a number of dental centers.
The oval head does the job of sonic technology. The device has 5 modes, which distinguishes it from analogues. Thanks to the massage function, there is an excellent prevention of periodontal disease.
Work is carried out from the battery, there is a dual charging system (charging base, USB port) and a travel case.
The cost is 10,000-13,000 rubles.
BOOTS EXPERT 8000 RECHARGABLE
This gadget is the fastest of all the proposed models. The bristles make up to 8 thousand vibrations per minute.
Ergonomic design and built-in timer make cleansing a comfortable and effective exercise.
The battery is charged once every 5 days.
The price of the device ranges from 4800-6000 rubles.
Most budget brush options work in only one mode. But already for the middle price category, manufacturers provide from 2 to 5 programs. For example, the standard mode is suitable for any patient with healthy teeth. If you have problems (gum disease or sensitive enamel), you should choose the minimum speed. To whiten teeth, special modes are used with a high intensity of vibration or rotation of the head.
The timer allows you to finish brushing your teeth within the recommended time. This feature is useful for adults, but for children it can become indispensable. Most ultrasonic models emit a beep every half a minute, which is how long it takes to clean half the jaw.
Do not treat an electric brush as a simple mechanism. Every day, the device comes into contact with pathogenic bacteria and pathogenic microorganisms, so the efficiency of the device and the health of the oral cavity are completely dependent on quality care:
- After each use, the head thoroughly rinsed under running water. It is advisable to use antiseptics and liquid soap for these purposes. The processing is carried out when the brush is put into operation.
- Next, the replaceable nozzle is removed and also washed in hot water.trying to get rid of contaminants inside the device.
- The automatic box is wiped with a damp cloth swab with the use of Chlorhexidine, then dry thoroughly.
- Cleaning heads are stored in a special closed compartment.
- Once every three months, worn nozzles are replaced with new ones.
How to use an electric brush correctly
To maintain healthy teeth and an attractive smile for many years, you need to follow some recommendations.
- The electric brush should be applied to the tooth in such a way that the bristles completely cover its surface.
- During cleaning, there is no need to help the device and move your hand, as when working with a conventional brush. The bristles of the electric brush move by themselves, so it is enough to attach the brush to the teeth, holding it in this position.
- No need to rush trying to shorten the cleaning time.
- Do not jump from one area to another. First you need to completely clean the outer surface of one dentition, then move on to its inner surface, and only after that proceed to cleaning the other dentition.
This figure clearly shows the rules for brushing teeth with an electric brush.
Electric toothbrushes have a number of advantages. However, it is important to note the advantages of each type.
Advantages of the mechanical type:
- affordable cost;
- effective performance of the tasks for cleaning the oral cavity;
- ease of use;
- the speed of the procedure.
Benefits of sonic brushes include:
- accelerated mechanical removal of dental deposits;
- the presence of sound vibrations that destroy the structure of plaque;
- the maximum time for careful processing of oral tissues is only 2 minutes;
- prevention of diseases of the oral cavity, the formation of plaque and tartar.
The advantages of ultrasonic type are:
- super high efficiency;
- proper prevention of all possible dental ailments;
- comfort and ease of use.
Types of electric brushes
There are the following main types of electric brushes:
The brush is equipped with a rotating head, which is located at its end. The head performs pulsating and circular movements. The tool is powered by a motor in the handle. Different types of nozzles can be provided in the kit for the device: for massaging the gums, polishing the teeth, etc. This device is well suited for cleaning sensitive teeth.
Mechanical toothbrush gently cleans teeth
- careful cleaning;
- harmlessness for orthodontic constructions;
- acceptable price.
However, in terms of their performance characteristics, mechanical models are inferior to sonic and ultrasonic devices.
Sound (with sound waves)
Such devices are equipped with a high-frequency generator that converts electricity into sound waves. Sonic brushes not only provide plaque removal, but also have a strong antimicrobial effect.
The sonic brush is antimicrobial
- increased cleaning efficiency;
- thorough gum massage;
- no risk of enamel injury;
- sonic brushes are well suited for use by the whole family;
- moderate cost.
However, improper use of sonic toothbrushes can damage tooth enamel.
Such units operate with the help of an electric motor that converts electricity into ultrasonic waves. Ultrasonic brushes provide effective removal of tartar, removal of plaque and cleaning of teeth in hard-to-reach places.
- the best cleaning quality;
- ease of use;
- saving toothpaste;
- successful removal of pigment plaque.
Ultrasonic brushes effectively remove tartar
- negative impact on crowns and veneers;
- the use of ultrasound devices is not recommended for children under the age of three, as well as for people with inflammation of the gums and pathological abrasion of the enamel.
Advice! It is impossible to unequivocally answer the question of which type of electric brush is the best. Before choosing the best option, it is very important to consult a dentist.
The electric oral care gadget has a powerful frequency effect on tooth enamel and gums.
Therefore, it cannot be used in a number of cases:
- Increased tooth wear. Pathology has a progressive character with a gradual abrasion of dentin and enamel, a decrease in the height of the bone organ.
- Wedge-shaped defect of teeth. Pathology affects the area of the neck of the tooth and, as a rule, is the result of abrasion of its surface. The use of a brush with such tissue damage leads to the formation of deeper pathological cavities and significantly increases the amount of damage.
- White spots on the protective layer of the tooth. This manifestation is the first sign of the development of caries and a decrease in the content of minerals in the structure of the teeth. For this reason, the tissues of the affected areas become very sensitive and fragile, and under the pressure of the electric brush they begin to break down.
- Periodontal disease of all forms. Tartar and deposits, which are concentrated at the line of contact between the teeth and gum tissue, are destroyed under the influence of an electric device. Their small particles get on the tissues and organs of the oral cavity and provoke an exacerbation of chronic and complex diseases.
You will learn the opinion of a specialist on how to choose an electric toothbrush from the video.
Electric brushes of unknown brands are rarely found on sale. Their purchase should be avoided, since they often do not last long at all, and perform their functions poorly.
The most popular brands are Oral-B Braun, Phillips, as well as rare (and expensive) Panasonic models. Oral-B brushes are considered the best today, because they use innovative tooth cleaning systems, high-quality bristle materials, as well as reliable and durable electrical circuits in their production. Some products can be very expensive — this is usually due to its novelty. You can safely purchase budget models of these brands.
Everyone dreams of a healthy and beautiful smile, but this effect cannot be achieved without high-quality and thorough care of teeth and gums.
At this stage of innovation, the electric toothbrush is considered one of the most effective devices for complete and professional oral care.
If you have already had to evaluate the advantages and benefits of this indispensable gadget, share your experience with readers in the comments to this article.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl+Enter.
Battery operated electric toothbrush
And if we are talking about the optimal choice for travel, then here the battery option comes to replace the battery option. This is the same device that is more comfortable to use when traveling, because it does not require charging and the only thing you will need to do when discharged is to replace the battery with any other new one.
As for the use of such a brush at home, this option is also acceptable, but not every user wants to systematically replace batteries. Although the batteries are inexpensive, it is much easier to perform a fast charging procedure once a week from the mains.