Most candles on the market are made from paraffin or paraffin blends. We use coconut wax — it’s non-toxic and burns cleaner than paraffin because it doesn’t release toxic gasoline carbon black.
Most candles on the market are made from paraffin or paraffin blends.
Paraffin wax is cheaper, easier to work with, and holds and diffuses fragrance well.
However, it is produced by «bleaching» and turning the sediment from oil barrels into wax.
The problem and harm of paraffin candles is that when burned, they release carcinogenic chemicals such as styrene, acetone, benzene, toluene, acetaldehyde, formaldehyde, acrolein, naphthalene, polychlorinated dibenzofurans and polyaromatic hydrocarbons.
Burning a paraffin candle can cause breathing problems, worsen asthma, lung and heart disease, and damage hoods and electrical appliances.
We use coconut wax which is non-toxic and burns cleaner than paraffin because it does not emit toxic gasoline carbon black.
Coconut wax is known for its characteristics in the industry: it exudes a bright smell when cold and hot, can hold and spread a large amount of fragrance, it has a low melting point (so it burns longer than other vegetable waxes and 60% longer than paraffin), it has a pleasant texture, color and a subtle aroma similar to that of coconut oil, which perfectly complements our fragrances.